Adventures of Riding the Four Corners of the United States by Motorcycle

Day 29 - Westward-ho

Returning from Toronto to Charlottetown I was picked up by George who had just waved good-bye to Sheri. I picked up my bike with a new rear tire and some other items attended to, packed up and lit out westward. Initially it felt strange to be back in the saddle again after a week of limited ride time (although George and Sheri enjoyed a couple great days riding around PEI while Renae and I were in Toronto).

But soon we were winging our way off the Island, across the Confederation Bridge and into New Brunswick. Despite leaving PEI at 3 pm, we arrived in Fredericton before 7 pm and found a place to stay (the clerk at the front desk was from BC if you can believe it). I thoroughly enjoyed what will doubtless be my last fresh caught lobster for a while, after which we both felt the need to retire early.

Sorry, no pictures today, but I do have a vivid mental photo of a crazy calico cat darting from one side of the road to the other, missing George's front tire by inches only to barely miss a car coming the other way. I could almost hear the "thump, thump" but the kitty was spared certain death and we were spared certain guilt (despite there being nothing George could have done).

Westward we go for the first time this trip. There is something of a sadness that this road will lead to the end of a grand adventure without experiencing any real "corners".